Thank you SO much for agreeing to fundraise for the BHWT. Your money will help save countless hens from slaughter, thereby giving them the chance to live out their lives as happy, much-loved pets in someone’s back garden. They’ll have access to fresh air, the greenest grass and the sweetest corn, all thanks to generous donations from people like you.
Fundraising should be fun – it’s in the name after all! There are simple tips and tricks you can use to maximise your donations, and to get things going again if you end up feeling like you’ve exhausted all avenues.
- Use social media. It’s a great tool for letting people know what you’re doing and why. You can use it to share photos, videos and quick updates so your friends and family can see what you’ve been up to, all in the name of hen welfare.
- Utilise fundraising pages. There are so many great fundraising pages you can use such as JustGiving to keep all your donations together in one place. Setting up a page couldn’t be easier. Follow our JustGiving guide if you get stuck.
- Make it fun! Hold a pub quiz or a bake sale selling goodies made with only the freshest free range eggs. People will find it impossible not to donate to your cause if they’re enjoying themselves.
- Remind them where their money is going. To save more hens of course! Again, make use of bright, gorgeous photos of your hens, or contact us if you would like some, to help your fundraising. It’s hard to resist the ex-bat charm!
- Tell as many people as you can about your fundraising efforts! If they don’t know, they can’t donate.