Close this search box.
Close this search box.

Registering with Defra

As part of our promise to keep you AI informed, we have more information for you regarding the registration of your flocks with APHA (the Animal Plant Health Agency is a department within DEFRA).  Here is the reply we received from the APHA when we asked for clarity on registering small flocks:

“We are grateful to your members continued support at this time and appreciate their concerns. We would like you to continue to encourage your supporters to register with APHA.

  • Keepers with fewer than 50 birds should contact the APHA Customer Registration Team OR call 03000 200 301 and select these options:
  • “For Everything Else”
  • “For the Animal & Plant Health Agency”
  • “To register or amend your holding”
  • Then finally Option 1 to be transferred to the Registrations team
  • Keepers with over 50 birds require a permanent CPH (County Parish Holding number) and should contact the Rural Payments Agency OR call 03000 200 301 and select these options:
  • “For all Rural Payments and Rural Payments scheme Enquiries”
  • This will transfer them to the RPA system to register

All the information about registering birds can be found on the government website.

You may also like