As part of our promise to keep you AI informed, we have more information for you regarding the registration of your flocks with APHA (the Animal Plant Health Agency is a department within DEFRA). Here is the reply we received from the APHA when we asked for clarity on registering small flocks:
“We are grateful to your members continued support at this time and appreciate their concerns. We would like you to continue to encourage your supporters to register with APHA.
- Keepers with fewer than 50 birds should contact the APHA Customer Registration Team OR call 03000 200 301 and select these options:
- “For Everything Else”
- “For the Animal & Plant Health Agency”
- “To register or amend your holding”
- Then finally Option 1 to be transferred to the Registrations team
- Keepers with over 50 birds require a permanent CPH (County Parish Holding number) and should contact the Rural Payments Agency OR call 03000 200 301 and select these options:
- “For all Rural Payments and Rural Payments scheme Enquiries”
- This will transfer them to the RPA system to register
All the information about registering birds can be found on the government website.