How we are funded
The British Hen Welfare Trust is registered as a charity (No. 1147356) with the Charity Commission.
We have a small staff team at Hen Central in Devon and our nationwide rehoming operation is carried out through our network of wonderful volunteers, which helps keep costs low. Even so, we are constantly on the lookout for new and different ways to raise funds to help more hens.
We are funded in may ways, including:
- Single gifts – kind people giving a single donation
- Regular gifts – kind people giving a regular donation
- Bake for Hens’ Sake! Clever cooks who bake to help hens
- Egg Club – we like to see it as hens helping hens! Have you got spare eggs for sale?
- Our online shop – all things chicken with profits helping more chicken
Here’s a few more ideas:
- Legacy gifts – we think of it as forever helping hens
- Celebration gifts – whether it’s hens or humans, celebrate with a donation
- Memory gifts – a chance to remember them
As well as individual supporters, we also work with a number of companies who advertise in our publications, give us donations, sponsor publications or events, or give us gifts in kind.
A number of charitable trusts and foundations also support our work – organisations like The Primrose Trust, Support Adoption for Pets, The Persula Foundation, PetPlan Charitable Trust and The Jean Sainsbury Animal Welfare Trust have made a huge difference to what we have been able to achieve.
We publish an annual report and accounts, which can be downloaded via the Charity Commission site here.