Are you ready and raring to raise money and save the lives of thousands a hens? If you are online and would like a nice easy way of getting your sponsorship organised, then JustGiving is the website for you.
We’ve put together a miniature guide on creating a fundraising page using JustGiving to get you started.
- Go to the JustGiving website – https://www.justgiving.com/
- Click “Sign Up” in the top right hand corner (shown below) or log-in if you currently have an account.
- Click on “Start Fundraising” at the top of the page, or “Get started” on the left side of the page (shown below).
- Click on “Start Fundraising” under “I’m raising money for A Charity” (shown below).
- Enter your postcode and select your address, or enter manually if necessary. Click continue.
- Using the search bar at the top of the page, search for “BHWT” or “British Hen Welfare Trust”. When we pop up, click select on the right hand side (shown below).
- If you are taking part in an organised event, such as an organised run or cycle ride, then click “Organised Event”. Click this option if you are taking part in TrekFest or London to Paris.
- If you are taking part in our Couch to 5K challenge, please select “Personal Challenge”.
- You can also use Just Giving for fundraising in remembrance or in celebration.
- Fill in the information regarding your challenge. If you are attending an organised event, this is done for you. To choose your “fundraising page web address” simply use your name or something else to reflect yourself or the challenge you are taking on. Perhaps it could be hen related! Just keep it short and sweet, as it will make up the website address for your fundraising page.
- The answer to the two slightly complicated sounding questions at the bottom of the form are “no”!
- Click “Create your page” and wait for a few seconds (dependent on internet speed!).
- You can click on “Edit your page” to change your page title, description, colour scheme, as well as adding photographs, changing your target and posting updates to let everyone know how you’re getting on.
- YOU’RE DONE! Now share your page with friends, family and colleagues and get that sponsorship in!
If you would like any further information on fundraising for the British Hen Welfare Trust, or you would like any help setting up your Just Giving page, please do get in touch with us at email@example.com.