Looking for ways to hentertain your little ones this Easter? Then enter our Eggs Factor Competition!
We are inviting children across the UK, at home and in schools to decorate an egg. You can use whatever materials you like to decorate your egg; pens, paint, pom-poms, there’s no limit to your creativity! You can choose to decorate a real egg-shell (free-range of course), a plastic or paper egg, or even an edible design (yum!), such as an egg-shaped biscuit.
Once you’re done, simply send us a photo of your creation to enter. We have five fantastic categories to enter, and our five winners will be sent some hentastic BHWT prizes and have their egg displayed across our social media platforms. Runners up will receive a BHWT certificate.
The categories for this year’s Eggs Factor are:
- Animal Magic – Go wild and create an egg that represents your favourite animal.
- Famous Faces – Decorate your egg to look like your favourite singer, sports star or even your favourite literary of film character.
- Divine Decoration – For those that want to keep it simple.
- Best Pun – We love a pun here. See if you can come up with the perfect pun to go with your egg!
- Class Egg Award – BHWT staff’s favourite egg design from any of the categories above.
You can also share your entries on social media by using the hashtag #EggsFactor
As well as a photo of your child’s creation, we need your child’s name, their age, the name of their design as well as parent’s/class teacher’s contact details.
Good Cluck everyone!
If you’re thinking of decorating a real egg-shell, see below for information on how to blow your egg, so you can keep your creation for Easters to come!
Terms and Conditions
- Competition closes Tuesday 14th April at 10am.
- Maximum of 3 entries per child.
- You must be under the age of 16 to be eligible for a prize or certificate, but we would love to see grown up entries too.
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, prizes and certificates will be sent when UK Government Guidelines allow BHWT staff to return to Hen Central.
Instructions on how to blow an egg ready to decorate:
You will need:
- An egg
- A needle
- A toothpick
- A straw
- A clean bowl
Step 1: Thoroughly wash and dry your egg.
Step 2: Using a needle (and an adult to help you) carefully pierce the egg’s shell on both ends then wiggle the needle gently making the holes slightly larger.
Step 3: Push your toothpick through a hole on one end and use it to break the yolk and mix it with the white inside the egg.
Step 4: Remove the tooth pick and, holding the egg over a clean bowl, place the straw over one of the holes and blow, forcing the white and yolk out of the shell – it may take a moment to get going!
Step 5: Set aside the mixed yolk and white to use in a delicious recipe of your choosing.
Step 6: Gently rinse the now empty shell and allow to dry completely before decorating!