Terms & Conditions of use
Terms & Conditions
The British Hen Welfare Trust reserves the right to amend these Terms from time to time. Any such amendment will be applicable to all persons accessing the web site once the revised Terms have been posted on the website. You should therefore check the website from time to time to review the current Terms.
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to any forums, reader comments or blogs, but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns as the community and comment tool permits or contact us here.
The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and in particular we do not warrant that:
- the Site will continue to be available to you in either its current format or from its current domain name;
- the Site or any software available from the Site will be free from viruses or defects;
- the Material contained on the Site will be true, accurate or complete in all respects, except always to the extent otherwise set out in the Terms and Conditions and to any warranties which would be implied by law (including without limitation, warranties as to satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose).
Use of the web site
- not to use the Material for any unlawful purpose;
- that you shall not make any use of the Site so that the Site is interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient, or the functionality of the Site is in any way impaired; in particular
- that you shall not run any automated scripts on any part of the site without our express authorisation.
- not to use the Site for the transmission or posting of any computer viruses or any material which is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene or menacing character, or in such a way as to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- not to use the Site in a manner which constitutes a violation or infringement of any person, firm or company (including but not limited to rights of copyright or confidentiality);
- that you shall not use the Site to transmit any material for the purposes of publicity, promotion and/or advertising without our prior written consent;
- that in the event that you may have any right, claim or action against any other user arising out of the use of the Site you shall pursue such right, claim or action independently of, and without recourse to, us; and
- that you will indemnify and defend us against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any use of the Material or the Site.
We shall have the right to immediately suspend your access to the Site if you commit a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
The design, images and content of the Site are, unless otherwise stated, our property or our licensors’ property.
We provide Material on the Site solely for your personal use and the reproduction of the whole or any part of the Site, except for any temporary copies made necessarily in downloading the Site, for purposes other than private and personal use, is prohibited, as is distributing, displaying or copying the Site.
No part of the Site can be reproduced on, transmitted to or stored on any other web site or other form of electronic retrieval system, nor may any part of the site be accessed in such manner as to make it appear part of any third parties web site without our prior written consent.
- Links to other Sites
Any web sites to which you link through the Site (including, without limitation, any web site provided by a third party but co-branded web site) are independent of the Site and we have no control over them and accept no liability in respect of your use or inability to use them or any of the content of such web sites.
We accept no liability with respect to any of the products, information, material or services offered or provided by other organisations listed on, or linked to, this Site, nor do we endorse any of those organisations or any of their products or services. Should you decide to contract with any of these organisations, the contract will be directly between you and the relevant organisation. We will have no contractual involvement, and will not be liable in contract or otherwise for any products, information, materials or services provided to you by any of these organisations.
Please note that, although these organisations have attempted to ensure that any information or prices provided through the Site are as accurate as possible, they are not legally binding in any way.
The information contained on these pages (“the information”) is of a general nature and is intended to provide a public information service, free of charge.
The information should not be relied upon or used without first confirming the accuracy thereof with the British Hen Welfare Trust. No rights or obligations, whether contractual, in tort or other, shall arise as a result of the information contained herein.
The British Hen Welfare Trust, its trustees, agents, officers and other persons connected with the creation, maintenance or dissemination of these pages will not be liable for any damage or loss, direct or indirect, occasioned by the use of the information. All text, photographs, audio or other media presentation provided on the British Hen Welfare Trust’s website are provided for information purposes only. Information on this website is subject to change without prior notice.
The British Hen Welfare Trust is a wholly independent charity and cannot be held responsible for any information relating to caged hens found on other web sites linked to this web site.
Whilst every reasonable effort is made to ensure that the information on the website is complete, correct and up-to-date, this cannot be guaranteed and the British Hen Welfare Trust shall not be liable whatsoever for any damages incurred as a result of its use.
Terms & Conditions for donations
Acceptance of any contribution, gift or grant is at the discretion of the BHWT. The BHWT will not accept any gift unless it can be used or expended consistently with the purpose and mission of the BHWT.
No irrevocable gift, whether outright or life-income in character, will be accepted if under any reasonable set of circumstances the gift would jeopardize the donor’s financial security.
The BHWT will refrain from providing advice about the tax or other treatment of gifts and will encourage donors to seek guidance from their own professional advisers to assist them in the process of making their donation.
The BHWT will accept donations of cash or publicly traded securities. Gifts of in-kind services will be accepted at the discretion of the BHWT.
Certain other gifts, real property, personal property, in-kind gifts, non-liquid securities, and contributions whose sources are not transparent or whose use is restricted in some manner, must be reviewed prior to acceptance due to the special obligations raised or liabilities they may pose for BHWT.
The BHWT will provide acknowledgments to donors meeting tax requirements for property received by the charity as a gift. However, except for gifts of cash and publicly traded securities, no value shall be ascribed to any receipt or other form of substantiation of a gift received by BHWT.
The BHWT will respect the intent of the donor relating to gifts for restricted purposes and those relating to the desire to remain anonymous. With respect to anonymous gifts, the BHWT will restrict information about the donor to only those staff members with a need to know.
The BHWT will not compensate, whether through commissions, finders’ fees, or other means, any third party for directing a gift or a donor to the BHWT.