Your donation and support help to save the lives of thousands of gorgeous hens every year.
At the BHWT, we do everything we can to save commercial laying hens from slaughter, campaign for free-range farming, educate the public and change the perception of hens as sentient animals that make fantastic pets. But we know that we can only help these animals through the generosity of supporters like you, who give both their time and money to help change the future of farming.
How do we spend your donation?
Our fantastic team of volunteers across the country mean we can keep our costs low, but there are still running costs and equipment and supplies to purchase. We estimate that it costs around £2.50 to give one hard working hen a second chance in a happy retirement home - cheaper than a cup of cappuccino!
Your donations help to:
- £10 - Buys a bale of cosy hen bedding
- £15 - Saves a flock of six hens from slaughter
- £20 - Pays for a carrier to transport poorly hens comfortably
- £100 - Buys three crates to take hens to a re-homing site
- £250 - Pays for a trailer cover to protect hens from wind and rain in transit
- £3,000 - Buys a customised trailer enabling us to save thousands more lives each year
Here are two of the simplest ways to give today. Perhaps you would consider a regular direct debit, or leaving a gift in your will? Both of these help us to plan for the free range future our founder Jane envisioned when she began the charity.
There are many more ways to donate, such as sponsoring a hen (particularly if you don't have space to rehome a hen yourself) or you may wish to fundraise for the charity. If you would like any further information about helping our girls find their perfect pet homes, please email email@example.com.